I've never had a massage, what can I expect on my first visit?
We are SO excited you're interested in exploring massage therapy! We're committed to providing a safe and welcoming experience for everyone. The first visit is considered an "Intro- Session" to get acquainted with one another and see if we're a good fit. Here's what to expect in your first hour session:
- During the first few minutes of the session, you and your therapist will go through a simple health and posture intake form together. All information remains confidential.
- Your therapist will explain the session design and how to properly prepare yourself for the massage.
- Your therapist will then step out of the room allowing you time to undress to your level of comfort and situate yourself on the massage table.
- Your therapist will knock before entering the room and make any further adjustments to the table, room temperature & music to ensure your optimal comfort.
- Your therapist will then proceed to work your neck, back, arms and legs using a variety of massage techniques. Professional draping is used at all times. Only the area that is being worked will be uncovered.
- Once your back side is worked, your therapist will ask you to roll over onto your back in order to work the front of your arms, chest, legs & feet.
- To end the session, your therapist will ask you to take a couple of deep belly breaths and then leave the treatment room so you can get dressed once again.